Yoroi Kagon (
fatewalker) wrote in
seasonsrpg2026-09-04 12:30 am
gonna fly now (open)
WHO: Yoroi Kagon & YOU
WHAT: training montage
WHEN: early september, pre-event
WHERE: all around the city
WARNINGS: n/a
( ooc: feel free to wildcard something else! i'm at
bicepsbrigade or in the discord for plotting. will match prose or brackets )
WHAT: training montage
WHEN: early september, pre-event
WHERE: all around the city
WARNINGS: n/a
Dragon Blessed & Summer — Solarpeak (Summer Guild)
After unlocking his Dragon Blessed powers, Yoroi gets right to work. Why wouldn't he? He has new skills to master, new powers to understand. This is far from the first time he's faced such a new challenge, and he's ready to leap into it.
He heads to the Summer Guild in Solarpeak first, where he refreshes himself on Dragon Blessed powers before choosing a goal: Light Manipulation. (Given how overwhelmingly bright his side of the mindscape was, it makes sense to start there.) He picks a space on the second floor, ignites a bright torch, and takes a seat.
And there he sits, glowing red eyes staring fixedly at the torch. Feeling the Dragon Blessed power stirring within him. Focusing. Focusing. Focusing…
Whenever he needs a break from staring intensely, Yoroi instead walks over to the torch and holds his hand near it, concentrating as he tries to make the flame harmless.
Darkness — Dayrise (Grand Colosseum)
When the elemental weapon (aka ribbon stick) that Yoroi picks up reveals its true nature, it's … something of a shock. Yoroi expected light, or maybe more fire. Instead, the weapon is one of pure darkness.
He's not sure how to feel about it. Not sure what to do with it, even. But a weapon is a weapon, and he needs to master as much as he can if he's to be of help to this world.
Catch him at the Grand Colosseum in Dayrise, flicking the ribbon stick this way and that, causing orbs of pure darkness to surge out from it.
Animal Transformation — Coldreach
New weapons and skills are one thing, but changing his body entirely is something else. Truthfully, Yoroi isn't sure where to start. But he knows what animal he wants to aim for first. So he heads to the region that reminds him the most of alpacas: Coldreach.
There, he walks up and down the hills, trying to … well. Feel like an alpaca. Become one with the alpaca. Be an alpaca.
Catch him trekking up and down, up and down, seemingly tireless in his quest.
Pokémon — Nightwake (The Underground Mall)
Exactly what a Pokémon is, Yoroi doesn't know. Some sort of pet? A companion? Something that can fight alongside him, at any rate—which sounds excellent to Yoroi. So he heads to the Underground Mall, ignoring most of the shops in favor of finding the fabled Pokémon vending machine.
And once he finds it, he gets a new companion: an Oshawott.
The creature is patently adorable. Yoroi smiles and kneels down beside it, reaching out to pat its head. "Your name is Gosetsu."
(Hopefully the old samurai would be honored rather than perturbed by Yoroi using his name…!)
Magical Tattoos — Amberfall (tattoo parlor)
As far as Yoroi is concerned, getting a magical tattoo is a no brainer. He paints his face each day, after all: why not simply make that paint permanent? The tough part is figuring out which effects to choose.
Yoroi stands in the tattoo parlor, a hand resting on his scaled chin as he considers. Some, like retrocognition and various healing effects, would be redundant for him. Others, like new element creation, are more tempting. But two in particular truly stand out.
After a long time, he nods decisively. "Danger Sense and Guardian Spirit."
Triple Triad — Nightwake (Otherworlder Fan Merch Store)
When he needs a break from training, Yoroi tries to find someone to play Triple Triad with him. The thing is, he's having a hard time doing so. Usually, he's preternaturally skilled at picking out other players, but here? It's as though something is missing from his vision.
Could it be that it's not a popular card game in Ellipsa…?
The thought is a depressing one. Yoroi actually slumps for a few seconds before he picks himself up again, determined. Surely there's somewhere he can find Triple Triad cards in this city. Then it'll just be a matter of teaching people how to play!
So off he goes, his mission eventually leading him to the Otherworlder Fan Merch Store. There, he looks past all other merchandise as he hunts relentlessly for Triple Triad cards.
( ooc: feel free to wildcard something else! i'm at

wildcard, solarpeak
And then, he jumps in. When he surfaces, his appearance has changed dramatically. Spotting Yoroi by the shore, he swims over with his Popplio, and grins at him.
"My friend! What are you doing here?"
no subject
What greets his eyes is a surprise indeed. Hythlodaeus looks far different than before—and he has a Pokémon with him as well! Blinking, Yoroi raises a hand in greeting.
"Relaxing after training at the Summer Guild," Yoroi calls back. "But what of you? You've changed!"
no subject
He waves it off, laughing.
"Ere my arrival here, I was sent to a place known to the locals as Noctium. There, us Gembonded turned into fantastical creatures. For myself, it was a Merrow, and my Gembond was Sapphire... that is all I recall, however, as I have lost some of my memories upon leaving this place and returning a while later."
He shrugs. There's nothing to be done about the memories. Again, he's sure he will recall them when he returns to the aetherial sea.
"And this is Thalassa. She Is a new addition to my team." The Popplio spins in the water.
no subject
He turns his attention instead to Thalassa, raising a hand in greeting. "Well met, Thalassa."
Then, to Hythlodaeus: "Have I showed you my Pokémon? He is very timid…"
no subject
"Might I see him?"
His webbed fingers grip the shore, keeping him steady as he looks up at Yoroi.
no subject
Yoroi's eyebrows rise. That's unexpected!
"This is Gosetsu. I believe he wants to swim."
no subject
He beams, glad to think the Pokemon wants to swim despite his shy nature.
"Why don't you join us, Yoroi? The water is wonderful now."
no subject
The water is cool, but not too cold in this area. Yoroi shivers anyway as he steps in, but he smiles.
"It's been a while since I swam," he says. "It's strange. I usually spearfish often on adventures."
He's been slacking!
no subject
Hythlodaeus doesn't really feel the cold, in any of the lakes- even the icy ones. It's a blessing, honestly.
"Do you have the means to fish here?"
Pokémon
[Rinku claps happily. Mecchan is perched on her shoulder, waving nervously before clinging to her, and Hina hovers nearby with a little coin purse around her neck.]
Or at least I assume it's a guy, their species is mostly boys. Gosetsu sounds like a pretty impressive name.
[Hina flies up to the Oshawott and squeaks. Hi! My name's Hina! And that's big brother Mecchan but he's shy. Do you like games? Everyone I know likes board games but I can't see the board. My favourite food is blood, my hobbies are biting and rolling in sand, and I wanna be strong and cool when I grow up!]
no subject
Gosetsu is a samurai whose help was invaluable to me.
[ Gosetsu, meanwhile, proceeds to hide behind Yoroi's leg, peering out at Hina with wide eyes. That's such an impressive introduction! ]
no subject
[Mecchan blows a bubble and looks down from where he's perched on Rinku. Is Gosetsu nervous like him? Hina tilts her head and squeaks. Are you scared? Big brother hides too. So does Mimi. Every time someone comes over, unless it's Aunt Evangeline or someone.]
no subject
He's from a land called Doma in the far east.
[ Meanwhile, the Oshawott Gosetsu ducks behind Yoroi's legs entirely, hiding from sight. ]
no subject
Mecchan warbles back at Hina. That's 'cause strangers are scary. Don't make him cry.
Rinku pets the both of them and shakes her head.]
That's cool! It sounds like you've been to a lot of places, huh? Me too!
no subject
Understanding the gesture, Yoroi kneels down and scoops the Oshawott into his arms. It instantly appears calmer, though it's still shy, looking at Rinku only briefly before hiding its face in Yoroi's clothes. ]
no subject
no subject
[ Yoroi pats Gosetsu on the back, trying to soothe the Pokémon. ]
no subject
It's okay. He's in a new place, of course he'd be scared. But it's good he knows he can rely on you.
no subject
Do you hear that, Gosetsu? It's okay to be frightened. I'll look after you.
[ The Pokémon makes a little sound and clings more tightly. Yoroi gives Rinku a small shrug. ]
no subject
[I'm still scared of lots of things, he admits. Sorry...]
I bet he'll feel better. But I'm really happy he seems to like you already. Everyone deserves someone they can feel safe around.
no subject
I'm glad I can be that person.
[ It's a natural position to be in by this point, as the Warrior of Light. ]
no subject
I bet he can sense how nice you are.
no subject
If so, I'm grateful. I think we'll be good friends.
no subject
no subject
What sort of stuff?
no subject
[Now it's Mecchan's turn to hide, scurrying behind Rinku and holding onto her shoulder.]
no subject
I can tell you lots of stories of my adventures. Would you like that?
[ Gosetsu looks up at Yoroi, then timidly nods. ]
no subject
no subject
Are yours still kids, too?
no subject
wildcard | for aymeric and hijikata
(Does he choose it because its name reminds him vaguely of the Drowning Wench? Maybe!)
Once inside, they choose a table and take their seats. Yoroi lets out a relieved sigh as he does so. Adventuring is wonderful, but so is taking a rest after a long day of it! ]
no subject
Choose your drinks freely, they're on me! Do we get a fingerfood platter to share too? I could go for the big one!
Magical Tattoos
A guardian spirit's a solid choice - I've got one too and haven't regretted it! I'd rethink the danger sense, though. There are brooches and familiars that fulfill the same function. Then again, you're a Warrior of Light; you probably have more of the other options covered already!
no subject
He looks back to the list, the dreaded Resting Au Ra Face stealing over him as he considers. (It makes him look exceptionally bored with life.) ]
… Door Creation?
[ He looks over at Hijikata, wanting his opinion. ]
no subject
Hm... that's one of the less flashy options, but I've got to say that I've seen it come in handy, and there's nothing really like it! It's a good choice.
no subject
What about "X-Ray Vision"? I don't know what "x-ray" means.
no subject
[Nailed it...]
So the x-ray magic lets you see through obstacles - walls, rocks, what-have-you. I guess it can be useful, but I've never really been in a situation where I've missed it.
no subject
I could see what dangers lurk in a space before entering.